Saturday, September 5, 2009

This Post Is Dedicated To M

*This will not be my usual post today ladies...


So before you go asking - NO...I DID NOT GIVE BIRTH TO ANOTHER WHITE BABY. But someone did. This beautiful little man belongs to my neighbor, and let me just tell you - there is a quite a story about how he got here. Let's just say he was a surprise to us all! Literally.

My neighbor had absolutely no idea she was pregnant until she woke up in the middle of the night with severe back pain, only to find out the cause was that she was in labor and 3 cm dilated. Within the next hour, this little guy came to be. TOTALLY unprepared and still in shock, her mom called me the next morning to tell me the news. If I were to tell you that my heart stopped for a moment I wouldn't be lying. I see her daughter every day. Her daughter watches my daughter. How did I miss it?? How did we ALL miss it?

Well regardless of how we all missed it and how he got here, he is HERE. While initially totally unprepared...well, never underestimate the goodness of family (born into and chosen). This little guy is off to a pretty good start. Someway, somehow, he made it into this world with no prenatal care - and is 100% healthy. 8lb 8oz of healthy!

I would be a fool if I didn't think there were little angels taking care of him from day one. Him and his mama. They are both supremely and infinitely blessed - and though it will be a tough row to hoe for this new, young mom....I think she knows that someone has been looking over her the last 9 months, so she will be just fine.

I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. It's no coincidence we live next door to each other. Her mom's father used to watch me after school in NYC (we live in TX now), but I had no idea her mother existed. It's no coincidence I had my baby when I did and she came over everyday to hang out with the munchkin - feeding her, changing her diapers, playing with her. It's really no coincidence that I had just pulled out a bunch of baby items to donate to Goodwill and they were already neatly packaged in my living room - I'd just been too lazy to go. It's really all NO COINCIDENCE. Everything happens for a reason. EVERYTHING.

Much love and MANY blessings to you M. And just know that even though at times it will seem ridiculously difficult, you have already made us all a bit wiser and stronger by allowing us to watch you, our baby, be a mommy to little T. We love you, we love you, WE LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Ekanthapadhikan said...

Wow! That's quite a thing to write home about. And I'm honoured to be the first person to be commenting on this wonderful post.

Convey my regards to the new mom and send my good wishes to the little guy. Wishes from beyond the seas...

Unknown said...

Sow, that's unbelievable1

Unknown said...

What a shock that must of been!!! Glad he arrived safely and perfectly healthy! :) x

Theta Mom said...

Glad there is a happy ending to this story!

BTW, thanks agian for splashing me girl! I just put that award up. Yay! :)

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

Well, I cried!

What a wonderful post and congratulations to the new mum and baby!

I too am a BIG believer in everything happens for a reason!

What a lucky little boy to have so much love around him!

xox

Kelly said...

Wow. This story gave me chills. I also believe that everything happens for a reason. Many blessings to that beautiful baby!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

so awesome!!

what does she need??

 
Creative Commons License
Hello! My Name Is Mommy by that one girl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.